Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Nacimiento to Abla

    October 9, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    An easier day today - no mountains , clouds, 2 places to stop and a coffee and tostada to start.
    The bar in Nacimiento was open early. I had a coffee and tostada. Typical of Spain, the man at the bar was having something stronger.
    The trail followed the river on a well formed track. A few little cars and vans went by, on their way to the farm plots along the river. Or hunting. Possibly rabbits (conejos) which is common on menus here.
    The first pueblo was Doña Maria. The guide book said there was no shop or bar in town. I was tempted to continue on the river bed, but glad I didn’t and followed the yellow arrows up into the town. There was a bar. Google, some friendly locals and “follow the noise” led me to the bar. Sure enough two men were shouting about football.
    Another cafe con leche then another good path to Ocaña. However, more friendly locals explained the bar is closed on Mondays.
    Onwards past an aqueduct not in the best repair, then on to Abla. A very nice town on the side of a hill. A bar with very good tapas and not much else open in the afternoon.
    Read more