Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 137

    New York Nu.1

    December 6, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 4 °C

    We had to wake up at 5:00 in Canada to catch our bus that left at 9:00. Luckily we didn’t have to walk there but Jen drove us. The Bus trip was 11 hours, one of our longest yet. By the end I was super stiff everywhere in my body. It didn’t help that the bus driver put the heat on full blast while we were all in winter cloths and kept stopping to stretch his legs every 25 minutes. We finally got to New York and walked to our apartment on 45th Street. New York was pretty cool on first impressions and super busy.

    On our first day in New York we all slept in because we were completely exhausted from the day of bus travel yesterday. We went out into the city and saw Lincoln Centre with the massive Christmas Tree and ice skating, and Grand Central station. It was cool because we had seen so many movies set in New York and we could recognise all the places. We also got to see Times Square which was very bright. Then we went to see “The Rockett’s” Christmas dance thing at Radio City Hall which was very cool. It was a massive theatre. Then we got some New York pizza and went up to our apartment.

    On our second day in New York we intended to walk to the ferry to then get to the Statue of Liberty but then realised it was a much longer walk then we originally expected, so we decided to take the subway the next day and look around that side of town today. We saw the “Ghost Busters” fire station, and looked around a really pretty side of town. That night Dad surprised the three of us and took us to a broadway show called Kimberly AKimbo which was very good and we loved it.
    Read more