Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 132

    Canada

    December 1, 2023 in Canada ⋅ 🌧 3 °C

    We left London at 11:00 am and we had a lot of time on our hands because our flight left at 6pm. We got to the airport early and then waited for our flight. The flight took 8 hours but instead of it being 2:00am when we got to Canada it was only 9 pm so in the end when we got to bed it was around 5:00 am body clock time. Jen and Dunc who were Mum and Dad’s friends from when they lived in Hong Kong picked us up at the airport and we stayed at their house for the night. They had two really cute massive dogs that we got to hang out with.

    On our second day in Canada we planned to get in the car and drive up to a cabin to meet up with other friends for the weekend with Jen and dunc. It was a 4 hour drive and it was in the snow. It was so cool because we had to go into the super markets too and there was a Starbucks in the super market. We also saw a bunch of new fast food places (and there were a lot of fast food places. ). In the middle of the van we had two dogs so it was pretty squishy. We even had a snow ball fight in a Wendy’s parking lot. The cabin when we got there was super cozy, it felt as if it was plucked out of a Christmas movie. It had a fireplace and tons of bedrooms and a spa.

    On our next day in the cabin we tried a lot of different foods. We tried Pop tarts, peanut butter and jam which was actually pretty good and whipped cream straight in my mouth, I did gag. We then went into the sauna (which was my first time by the way) then we sprinted out onto the snow and rolled in that and ran back into the sauna because apparently that’s good for your skin? And it was freezing and super hot at the same time. We could also walk along the ice and we even made a snowman.

    And on our last day in the cabin we had to get up semi early because people had to leave before a snow storm hit but we did get one more ice walk before that happened. The car ride was good and we got to go out for dinner with Jen and dunce’s parents and I got super full, I had never been more full in my entire life. I ate chicken wings and ribs but they packed a lot onto one plate.

    On our last day in Canada we went to Niagara Falls. It was about an hour drive and it was cool because just over the waterfall was the border of America which we were going over the next day. We got a couple of pictures of it and when it turned dark it was all lit up which was nice to see. Then for dinner ( I know we’ve never had so much food in one country on this whole trip) we went out to this classic diner that looked super iconic and had very good food. I loved Canada the food was good, the people were awesome, and it had some very beautiful scenery and I would definetly come back here on the winter.
    Read more