Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    WYD Day 2

    August 2, 2023 in Portugal ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    This morning we met up for our first ‘Rise Up’ session of WYD. Unfortunately the sound wasn’t great so we ended up leaving and heading back to the hotel for Mass - lead by Fr Andrew.

    After Mass we were free to go and attend any of the Youth Festival events across the city. Miki and I headed to the Aquarium for a presentation however the event filled just before we got to the front of the line.

    We decided to go on a round trip on the Skyliner instead. From the carriage we had an incredible view!

    After the skyliner we went back to the hotel for a rest, and then to dinner. We had a pilgrim meal at a small kebab shop. In the line we got talking to two Brazilian men and we shared stories of kangaroos in Australia and our dangerous birds. One of the men shared that he had recently done a 14 day mission to a group of indigenous people in the Amazon. While there, the camp was attacked by cannibals and a young girl was taken. Suddenly the Australian wildlife didn’t seem so scary!

    Miki and I took our dinner to the park and after eating had an easy trip back to the hotel for an early night.
    Read more