Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    The Three Secrets of Fatima

    August 7, 2023 in Portugal ⋅ 🌙 27 °C

    Mary told the children the first secret in July of 1917.

    The first secret described Hell as a horrible place where sinners’ souls burned. Mary said that to save these souls, acts of prayer and sacrifice were necessary.

    The second secret prophesized the end of the First World War, but also the outbreak of the Second World War if sinning was to continue. Mary also called for the Consecration of Russia or else peace would not occur. Many say she also predicted the rise and fall of Communism.

    The third secret was not revealed that easily. In 1943 Lucia was ill and asked by the Bishop to reveal it, but she said God had not authorized her to do so. The Bishop still ordered her to write it down. Lucia decided to write it in a sealed envelope that could only be opened in 1960. In 1960, the Vatican issued a press release stating that the third secret would remain sealed forever. For years, Christians around the world speculated on the content of the third secret and some even feared it could refer to worldwide nuclear annihilation.

    However, the secret was released in 2000 by Pope John Paul II. The Vatican said the secret spoke of the 20th-century persecution of Christians, leading to the failed assassination attempt of Pope John Paul II in 1981.

    The text revealed said that Mary spoke of a “Bishop clothed in white” who prays faithfully. In her vision, he was making his way towards the cross passing through the bodies of those who were martyred, like priests and other religious people. This speaks to the prosecution of Christians. He then falls to the ground dead after hearing gunfire. This message was allegedly confirmed by Sister Lucia.
    Read more