Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Day 4 - Sodwana

    March 19, 2022 in South Africa ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    Lulled asleep last night by the gentle chaos of a nearby ‘shebeen’, which the Caravan Park owner assured us of our safety and reminded us we were in Zululand, made us sleep soundly. Given that the previous day/night we were closely guarded by ‘Boetie’ and his 9mm, events could’ve escalated last night.

    As the singing faded, so the cacophony of farm animals took its place. A chorus of cattle, roosters, goats and dogs woke us early enough to spring into action for an early morning run, which eventually didn’t happen. Arrived at ‘Coral Divers’ (18km away) on the seaside of Mbazwana but in time to miss todays scuba dives. We booked an early morning (08:00) scuba for tomorrow 20th March.

    Spent the rest of Saturday morning and mid afternoon soaking up clear Zululand sunshine on the beach and swimming in amazingly warm water. We returned to Coral Divers for a bite to eat and an hour of the first continuous and stronger Cellphone signal, since we left home.

    Back at camp Daniël fired up the “Donkey’, providing for a hot shower later.

    “Peace, Love and Light”

    Mark & Karen
    Read more