Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Day 7 - St Lucia

    March 22, 2022 in South Africa ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    “RÉMY MARTIN” Champagne Cognac, in anyone’s book…. what a lot of ‘kak’!!!

    So when we left ‘Mount Hay’ over 10 years ago now, we salvaged a bottle of this, thinking we were really smart, but not! Why we didn’t give it to December or Sibongile when we left Nelspruit, I will never know! For those would can’t put Tequila away, have not reached the bottom of the barrel yet! At over R1,200.00 a bottle, it’s daylight robbery!

    Anyway, first a run through the campsite here in St. Lucia and the small village and a fall out with the Security Guard at the main beach, we ventured north up to Cape Vidal on a tarmac road, better than most parts of the N2 highway. Through the Wetlands Reserve and the Lakes, surprisingly quite a variety of Game. Elephant, Kudu, Buffalo and Warthog, probably as many sitings per kilometer as the Kruger.

    The beach at Cape Vidal, also beautiful with about +- 100 people on a 7 or 8 kilometre long beach. Much snorkelling for all ages. Just when I thought the ski boats at Sodwana were ships, wait to see them here at Cape Vidal🙄!!! And the tractors Boys in the old days, it was the oldest most repaired and rusted, get put out to pasture down here on the coast enjoying their last Golden Mile before they totally fall apart. These days tractors are not just sold for agriculture, the biggest and the best are here on the beaches, now and then doing some work. You farmer boys are way behind the 4 Ball…. so get your act together!!!

    On our way out we ended up behind a 4 car stationary convoy, blocked by a herd of 20 elephant refusing to move on. For an hour and a half we were stopped by them, with the train behind growing from 5 to over 10 reversing all the time😳 Of course there had to be the ever present idiot, who knows better and overtakes to see if he can be the man😖 Amazingly, when they have passed to get onto the frontline and have to turn around or reverse, non of them look into your eyes as they pass👀 F**king idiots, and you guessed… “GP”number plates!

    A great Curry thanks Karen and to bed!

    Love, Peace and Light
    M & K
    Read more