Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 44

    Day 44 - Oudtshoorn/Cango Caves

    April 28, 2022 in South Africa ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    Thursday 28th April'02, I needed to get my car to the Toyota Garage here in Mosselbay, for a routine service before 08:00 which I did, and walked home (7min30sec around the corner from Koos)!

    Whilst the 'Fortuner' was being serviced, Koos offered us his car to drive for the day. As he was working from home, we took a drive over the Outeniqua Mountain range via the Robertson Pass, to my old Army town of Oudtshoorn to visit the Cango Caves. Not unlike visiting Disney World, (fascinating as a kid and still unbelievable as an adult), it was awesome! So, I have been there before whilst in the Army and again much later with Brett and Luke, probably 30 years ago, but now to see it through different eyes, it is amazing and well worth a trip again, whenever!

    I was also reminded however as to why I just hate people! This @#$% *^#@ standing right next to me, actually removed his mask to cough, and a loud hacking number at that!

    Both the Outeniqua and Swartberg Ranges were as beautiful as ever, clear blue skies and a perfect day in the Klein Karoo.

    Mid afternoon we hit the road back to Mosselbay and off to the 'Visgraat' restuarant for late lunch/early dinner.

    Many thanks to Koos and Monique for their hospitality, friendship, good meals, much laughter, many beers and for a solid bed and roof over our heads. Your generosity with no effort and happy faces are always so good to see and love.

    Monique took Karen for a spin in the late afternoon in their ‘new gym’, which I’m told is a Studio not a gym! The deal was struck, R200 on the table if Monique could break Karen in their ‘Electro Muscular Stimulation’ STUDIO!!! Bold and beautiful off they went. The session was only 20min but Karen came back shattered and really not herself, just as if she hadn’t finished Comrades😩😩😩 Money changed hands and Karen was left R200 cheaper!

    Tomorrow morning we are heading for Stilbaai and/or Jongensfontein and will probably stay over at 'Witsand Caravan Park'.

    Lovely evening to you all!!!

    Love, Peace and Light!

    M&K
    👍💐
    Read more