Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 46

    Day 46 - Waenhuiskrans/Arniston

    April 30, 2022 in South Africa ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    This morning I woke up humming and Karen had to stop me singing over and over whilst we ran, that dreadful, ..."Wys my jou lemoene, wys my jou boer pampoene..."!!! etc, etc but that is all, thankfully I know! Last night listening to our neighbour's was hectic.

    Still battling with 'lactic acid' overdose from the excercises in Moniques studio yesterday morning, we managed a slow 6km just to get a head start on the weeks Vitality Score.

    This place ''Arniston' is my Happy Place! To stand on the highest rocks and look down on the emerald bay, with its thousand hue's of turquoise and white, is just mesmerizing to the soul. The Cape Fishermans village, Waenhuiskrans is so honestly original in culture, though much has been done to upgrade the infrastructure, since I was here many years ago. The quaint white and thatched cottages now have roads following the original layout, a maize of disorderly cobbled paths, streets and intersections. Backyards and even front yards mostly have at least one wrecked car skeleton, held together by rust, and dogs, dogs that would all appear to have the same paternal and maternal bloodline! They all look the same, as do all the people! Most of the cottages have been renovated but the original enchanting culture has been maintained. A home not anything more than, right here in Waenhuiskrans is all I desire, to make this 'Nomad' the most content Hippy there is! Nothing to do with those 'oddball' shaped leaves growing profusely, even in the front garden. Anything to make the harsh burden of fishing 10+ nautical miles off the coastline, vanish behind the blue haze and into the distant mist!

    After a delicious 'brekky' Karen cooked post-run and after a shower, we went down to the beach. The 'modus operandi" to blatantly and openly get to drink alchohol on the beach is simple! Clearly not local peeps, but 'brothers' enter stage left, with glasses of 'Cola', fully dressed in long pants, ANC Golf Shirts, Caps and other related regalia, shouting and screaming and posing for 'selfies' in all sorts of positions, but clearly not drinking neat Coke, nor swimming the Seven Seas! Seven Seas Vodka maybe, but that is all!

    We spent the better part of the rest of the morning and afternoon, on the sun baked beach. Back at the ranch just short of 17:00 we put a Woolies Whole Bird to rest in the Cobb Oven and 1hr30min later Karen and I scalped that bird!

    The early evening at dusk the 21st, now has become the 21st+1, and the writing is on the wall.... Karaoke kicked off with added tempo and volume!

    Good night!

    Love, Peace and Light,
    M&K
    👍🌺
    Read more