Satelliet
Weergeven op kaart
  • Dag 8–9

    Hermanus

    21 april, Zuid-Afrika ⋅ ☁️ 31 °C

    Today we left Avonrood Guest House to travel to our next stop at La Fontaine in Hermanus. The Guest House is perched on the cliffs overlooking the sea but although our room is tiny it does have a sunny balcony looking towards the mountains. After a walk along the cliff path we had dinner in Burgundy Restaurant.
    25/4/24
    Today we were up bright and early to get ready for our cage diving experience. The weather is beautiful today so we had a lovely breakfast on the guest house veranda over looking the sea and the set off for the hour long trip around the coast to Gansbaii. Following a briefing we were issued with float aids and waterproof coats and set off down the road to the harbour. The trip out towards dyer island took about 20 minutes before we anchored. We changed into wetsuits and then we waited for another hour before there was any sign of sharks. Lots of sightings of 4 different sharks and finally we had a chance to dive in the cage ourselves. The sea was teeming with fish and the sharks came near enough to be able to see them in the cloudy water. Dinner tonight was at the Rock Restaurant by the working harbour in Hermanus. I had some delicious oysters!
    Meer informatie