Satelit
Tunjukkan pada peta
  • Hari 26

    Nice Day 7

    9 Mei, Perancis ⋅ ☀️ 72 °F

    Didn't take any pictures today, but we did a lot of stuff in places we've already been to. Decided to head back to the old town for lunch, mainly so we could get ice cream later at a place that we scoped out earlier. The old town was packed, so we settled on an Indian restaurant that looked interesting, plus we hadn't eaten Indian food in a while. We got seated by the probable owner who could've cared less if we were there. Now, realize that the place was full of customers, but after maybe 15 minutes, no one came to take an order or bring water. So, we got up and left and found a nice Italian place tucked away on a less busy corner. Service and the food were really great. Perhaps some of the best food I've ever eaten.
    We were a bit full after that, so we walked the Promenade again. The beach was a lot more used today with loads of people sunbathing, swimming, and playing volleyball. Wearing off a few calories from lunch, we headed back for our ice cream.
    We had seen the poster for an organ recital at the cathedral, so, even though we were already there we headed back to the apartment for a couple hours before heading back again.
    The recital was very good, with world renowned organist Frederick Deschamps at the console. The program was to raise money to refurbish the current instrument. The organ definitely wasn't in top condition, but it totally filled the space. Nice, typical program and the organist was top notch.
    Baca lagi