Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    New York

    June 9, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    Well our first full day in New York started in the most authentic way. On our way from the Rockefeller center towards Central Park we came across a breakfast food cart. The man was a seasoned professional and gave us the lowdown in his broad new York accent. We both went for an egg and bacon bagel with a large coffee. It cost $25 but it was worth every dollar.
    Three quarters of the loop around Central Park it was getting to 1pm and we were starting to flag. Dad made the joke "if only we could stumble across a subway in this park" then we remember we live in the 21st century so got Google maps out and lo and behold there was one 0.3 miles away. We both got Turkey breast and it was good to get some veggies in. A running theme started to occur with this costing $25.
    Around 3pm we had to decide whether to go back to the hotel or wait it out for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. We decided to grab a drink and wait it out so went to the old faithful Mcdonalds. Dad got a normal coffee and I got an iced one and we watched the world go buy.
    Still feeling full from the lunch we grabbed an apple and peach each before the show (along with a Dr pepper for Dad it cost $10!!) The show was amazing, the magic effects were stunning and I'm so grateful Dad thought to get me tickets. We finished off the day in true New Yorker style with a hotdog each (another $24 dollars down)
    Read more