Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    New York Day 2

    June 10, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    We started off the day at Popa'2 van on the corner of the street of the Dylan Hotel with a egg and bacon sandwich which we ate on the way to the Empire State Building. We grabbed a cold drink from a CVS pharmacy before heading down to the Ground Zero.
    After a poignant couple of hours at the respectful 9/11 museum it was 2.30pm and we were ready for food.
    There was lots of street food stalls but again had New York prices. A fast food chain we'd seen a lot was Chick-fil-A so we thought we'd give a go. A woman came down the queue and took our order we went from spicy chicken sandwiches, she highly recommended the special sauce. It was nice and kind of caramely, I put mine on my burger. (another $25 order)
    Next stop was Statue of Liberty, we got a boat ride to the island had a walk round then got a drink. I had a lovely iced coffee. Dad got a water just to requench and then went for a fresh lemonade in the coolest bottle. He decided to take the lid home for Bob.
    Once we got back to the hotel, checked into the tour it was 8pm and we were hungry. We had a look online for something different but all restaurants are ridiculously expensive so we ended up at the old faithful Wendy's. Dad went for the $5 meal again but with spicy nuggets this time. I however went against all instincts to go as cheap as possible and went for the strawberry chicken salad meal (10.99). I was so glad I did, it was refreshing and filling. You got a bag of candied almonds which were gorgeous. All in all, another great day!
    Read more