Uydu
Haritada göster
  • Gün 9

    Day 9 - Courtyard by Mariott

    24 Nisan 2023, Endonezya ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    The breakfast in this place was an experience in itself. You could get your typical things fruit, yogurt, cereal, bread, full English, omelette, into your more posh French toast, pastries, pancakes and waffles. And then it got a bit more out there.. With an ice cream station. And then it got so weird with a section full of curries, fried rice's, stir fries, prawn crackers, naan breads and fish. It was breakfast, lunch & dinner all in one!

    Roy naturally had to try a bit of the curry but it was a bit too early in the morning for me so I had fruit with yogurt & granola. Followed by a mini bagel with boiled egg and of course a deidre donut. We then took an iced coffee & an iced tea to go.

    Probably not the best idea but we headed out to explore the shops and go to the flea market in the hottest part of the day (11-2pm) by the time we got to the flea market Roy had a bit of a funny turn so we had a sit down and got him a sugary drink. He was back to himself in no time.

    Around the market I bought some cute little traditional wrap dresses for the girls and Roy bought some Bali bintang 'stubbies' holders. By this time we were sweating like mad so we walked back to the hotel for a swim.

    I played bingo again while Roy laid by the pool. Unfortunately I didn't win. I then sat by the poolside, feet cooling off in the pool and read some of my book. I looked up at one point and then saw the guy laying right across the pool was ready the exact same book! The killing floor by Lee child. What are the chances!!

    3pm came round signally what Roy had been waiting for... Cocktail happy hour. He was gutted they weren't serving banana ones as advertised but instead he went for a mango frozen daiquiri and I went for a strawberry daiquiri. They were delish. They were more expensive than any other one we've bought this holiday but it was worth it to order it at the swim up bar and drink in it in the pool. We then helped ourselves to the free popcorn and Roy had a go at making candyfloss.

    We'd been recommend this beach club party place to go to - Mr potato head. It had a sunset bar which was supposed to have great views. We moved into our new hotel room and then started to head out. Until Roy realised his phone was nearly dead so we had to wait another 20 mins for it charge. As it was then a 35 min walk to the beach bar by the time we got there we missed sunset and only saw the last few purple sky moments, which nethertheless was very pretty
    Roy took lots of videos of the pool party surroundings to show his mates back home.

    It was my turn to pick tea so I'd chosen the highest rated Chinese restaurant in Seminyak. It was called Happy chappy Chinese and had a lovely outside swimming pool and garden - something you'd never expect in a Chinese back home!

    We ordered peking suck bao buns which were nice but didn't taste as good as itsu's. At least they made Roy laugh as they looked like boobies. We also had salt & pepper crispy chicken which was one of the best I've ever had. For main we shared the beef sizzling Cantonese sauce with vegetable rice. The beef was like steak but perfectly tender. The prices in Seminyak weren't as cheap as Ubud but at £32 with 4 beers it was still cheaper than at home.

    We decided to have an early night and was back for the hotel for 10.30 we put on the news for a catch up & had a decaf coffee (thanks mum) while we unpacked, ready for a new day tomorrow
    Okumaya devam et