Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    A Very Magical Evening

    August 11, 2022 in Poland ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    While wandering the streets, I had spotted a rather inconspicuous sign out of the corner of my eye. A post with a wooden owl and a board that read 'Leaky Cauldron'.

    We entered the passageway between the buildings and found another sign that led us down a flight of stairs to a brick wall (wallpapered door), which opens up to yet another set of stairs flanked by portraits.

    Under their watchful eyes, the three of us descended, down and around a corner, to the Leaky Cauldron café.

    Soon we felt like Harry, Ron, and Hermione in Hogsmeade, warming our fingers on mugs with delicious Butterbeer. Around us, others were doing the same, enjoying some cake or sipping elixirs from bubbling, smoking goblets.

    We felt like rounding off the evening with some muggle beer, so we went to a nearby bookstore. Yes, you read that right: a bookstore.

    Of course, at this hour it looked dark and very much closed - but you could still open the door. Which we did, cautiously. After looking around carefully, feeling we were doing something slightly forbidden, we spotted a friendly old man among his books reading under a dim light.

    He acknowledged our whispered greeting with a nod as we climbed up a flight of stairs towards the sound of music and leisurely chatter. It is here we found the not so secret secret student's pub, where we could, indeed, get some beer. Cheers! 🍻
    Read more