Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 40

    Seoul sky tower and trip to Busan

    November 8, 2019 in South Korea ⋅ ☀️ 14 °C

    Got up, packed up and set off to get a bus to the bottom of a hill, onto of which sat the N sky tower. We seem to be (or maybe just I) seem to enjoy a good sky tower. Viewa were epic, but it did allow us to see an even bigger tower in the distance. Tower FOMO. That one was the 6th biggest in the world. Dowh.
    Back to the station to pick up the bags and get the 2.5 hour train to Busan, the 2nd largest city in South Korea after Seoul. The countryside is relatively flat compared to Japan, but still fairly hilly. The buildings on the way down were often high rise flats, which reminded me a lot of that scene from Inception where they build their own city.
    Busan seemed like a nice city, on the sea side.
    The bus to the hotel was a faff as there was only standing room and and lot of wobbling around with heavy bags.
    Hannah got in touch with a friend from home - Emily who was working close by. So we met up for some Korean food (lots of mini dishes over a cook your own bbq). Had a few beers and Soju (clear liquid, reasonably tasty, and they mix it with beer. It's about 25%. Did not realise that!). Not happy with finishing the evening there, we went to a Karaoke bar. This is actually just a private booth where they bring you food and booze. Hannah fell asleep with 30 mins which left Emily and I to keep singing and drinking Soju until it closed at 4.30am.
    Read more