Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 81

    Waiheke Island - day 2 wine and beach

    December 19, 2019 in New Zealand ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    Up and out to walk to get ourselves some breakfast. Found a coffee shop called Found and had a pastry and a coffee. I got my hair trimmed whilst Hannah had a second coffee.
    Just about ready for some more wine tasting we took a hop on hop off bus towards the north coast beach called Onetangi. Glorious beach with a few restaurants overlooking the water.
    25 min walk along the beach took us to the first vineyard called Capita miro - 5 for $15. 6.5/10. Bean bags outside on the grass. Very Mediterranean vibe.
    A 5 min stroll through the vines brought us to Obsidian - 4 for $15. 5/10
    Tastings done we went back for lunch at the highly recommended Three Seven One restaurant. Had a fab lunch including deep fried cabbage and a few glasses of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc. Then proceeded to soak up some rays for a few hours on the beach.
    Got one of the last hop on hop off buses to the ferry. Windy trip back to Auckland.
    Back on dry land we did a small bit of Christmas shopping. Didn't find anything fun. Then off to the Sky tower. Hannah wasnt mega keen as had been up before, but we got a nice views and sunset when we got up to the top.
    Got to the bottom and just missed our bus. So had to wait around for 30 mins. Made it back to the van and finished off the last bits of food we had.
    Read more