Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 115

    Heading east to dunedin

    January 22, 2020 in New Zealand ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    Woke up in the morning and got the tent packed away quickly! Getting quite a system for setting up and packing away.
    On our way out of Owaka we stopped to get some supplies at 4Square and checked with the local I-site any must do’s along the route. She recommended driving the South scenic road, even though it was a bit longer.
    Our first stop was Nugget Point, walking out to a light house at the end of the cliffs. Great views. Then we carried on along the coast and past some beautiful bays until we arrived in Dunedin. Heading straight to St Clair beach to have lunch. After our pit stop we set up our tent at a nearby campsite and then went to the Settlers museum. A huge museum with lots of interesting Maori history and some cool transportation and communication items through the years.
    We left the museum when it closed and then enquired about a Speights brewery tour, to learn more about what the locals drink. Interesting tour and able to pull our own tasters.
    On our way back to the campsite we spotted a dominos, with a $5 menu and thought we’d save our noodles for another day! It wasn’t quite like home but at £2.50 a pizza, can’t really complain.
    Read more