Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 116

    More factory tours

    January 23, 2020 in New Zealand ⋅ ☁️ 18 °C

    Had a plan this morning to go to Tunnel beach at low tide, but unfortunately it was a bit grey with rain coming in. Decided instead to continue the factory tours and found a local place making chocolate. Finally found some parking close to the factory and had time for a coffee next store, where they make peanut butter.
    The OCHO chocolate tour was really interesting, offering a background of the company and their direct purchase from Pacific islands, which means they pay the communities that supply to beans. We were then able to watch the process in action, and hearing about the different steps.
    We were then able to test some of their chocolate and compare it to other brands.
    The weather wasn’t improving much so we decided to head back towards Wanaka where Pete and Cathers had let us know the sun was shining. On route we stopped to get some cheese at a little supplier. It was a slightly weird place with limited information about the origins of the company and their production lines. But some tasty cheese.
    Amazing views once again throughout our journey and back to wanaka and chilling out lake side. Cathers and pete were busy early evening but we joined them for food once they were done.
    Read more