Satellite
  • Day 131

    Bye New Zealand (with airline annoyance)

    February 7, 2020 in New Zealand ⋅ ☀️ 17 °C

    Spent the morning packing up and cleaning.
    Just before we were due to set off to meet Pete and Cathers for lunch, Hannah said best to check to see if we need to do anything for check in.
    I went onto the Jet Star website and.... strange our flight was still down as the one on the 22nd of Jan.
    We changed this flight on the 20th to leave on the 7th of Feb. Called them up, obviously no record of us changing the flight 😤So £280 quid later we were booked back on the flight we should have been on. (Losing the 60 quid extra we paid from the first flight for changeable tickets).
    Only took me 2 hours! of online chat to finally get a case number raised to complain. This has raised Jet Star to join Virgin and Flybe for my worst customer experience ever.

    Moral of this story, dont book with Jet Star! Always check you get an email confirming what you have done and take a screenshot of confirmation pages.

    Anyway...... rant done. Had a nice lunch of frozen margaritas and tacos. Then set off with team hall to get to the airport in Queenstown. Checked in early, so we could go have some food and a last beer.
    Got on the plane and we were off to Melbourne. Landed safe, and got a bus and Uber to our hotel.

    Bye bye New Zealand, you were great fun. I'm sure we will be back at some point.
    Read more