Satelit
Tunjukkan pada peta
  • Part 4; Ely to Littleport

    16 Ogos 2021, England ⋅ ☁️ 16 °C

    We cross the road, which is close to Ely Railway Station, and walk past The Cutter Inn to reach Quayside where there are lovely views of the marinas and various boats and barges mooring in Ely.  We pass the Jubilee Gardens and the Maltings (see Ely; the Eel Trail, part 2) and stop at Babylon Bridge for the magnificent view back; the bridge carries a private road to the various marinas that are on the other side of the river. 

    Carrying on past Babylon ARTS, the leading arts organisation in Ely, we follow the trail along the river. We reach a factory area and bear left to Kiln Lane and the Roswell Pits; formerly a source of gault (aka Kimmeridge), an impervious clay, they are now a Site of Scientific Interest and a nature reserve.  A short diversion here brings you to an excellent view of the Cathedral.  We double back to reach Cuckoo Bridge, which leads in turn to another bridge over the River Great Ouse.

    There is a long walk by road to reach the hamlet of Queen Adelaide; this has three railway lines crossing its main street, each with a separate level crossing!  Over the Queen Adelaide Bridge for the 3 mile walk to Littleport along the floodbank of the River Great Ouse, crossing Sandhills Bridge on the way to Littleport railway station.
    Baca lagi