Satelital
Mostrar en el mapa
  • Día 30

    Puerto Madryn; town and whale watching

    6 de diciembre de 2023, Argentina ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    Our walk round Puerto Madryn yesterday afternoon shows it to be a large town with a beach, pier, promenade, and all the trimmings. It is very pleasant.

    We've booked onto a Bottazzi whale watching tour for 10 am; all tours depart from Puerto Piramides on Peninsula Valdes, which means the 6:30 am bus! It is a 1.5 hours, 100 km journey into the National Park to get there. Puerto Piramides is a village and interesting; we enjoy something to eat and coffee before the trip. It is the end of the whale watching season, and the sea's a little rough, but we are hopeful... Other options on Peninsula Valdes include visiting a penguin colony, swimming with seals, seeing sea lions: maybe next time.....

    We saw a couple of seals and watched a whale or two briefly on the trip; it had to finish slightly earlier than expected due to the wind and the small port closing, calling the boat back. It's hard to get good pictures on a moving boat, so we purchase the trip image pack from the official photographer (sent by email). It's been a great experience, and we're glad we did it.

    Back in Puerto Madryn before 3 pm, we do some food shopping and chill out in the eating area of our hostel from last night (La Tosca). Then it's off to catch the 6:35 pm overnight bus to Buenos Aires.....
    Leer más