Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Bryce Canyon

    March 23 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 5 °C

    After very cold night we drove to the first view points ~ Bryce Point & Inspiration Point. You get a view of the whole canyon covered in snow, some hiking trails are still closed and shuttle buses are not driving. Most of the people drive to the two main spots of the national park Sunrise and Sunset spot which are connected by a very nice and short walk. For adventurous spirits the most recommended hike is Queen’s garden trail & Navajo Loop Trail. These two hikes are connected so you hike one trail down to the canyon and other way up. In total it took us less than 2 hours and it was very very beautiful. Due to snow, ice and mud we got a bit dirty 🤣 but at least we didn’t slipped as other tourists 🤣. Back in the Bryce city we had a short maintenance stop (we need to refill the water, empty the dirty water storage and tank).

    Our next stop is Capitol Reef National Park. There are two ways to get there but after reading reviews we decided to take the 15 minutes longer route #12 which is known as one of the most beautiful roads in USA 🇺🇸. This 2,5h long drive took us through the mountain passes, rocks, snow fields and few almost abandoned villages. We were almost alone and the road was surprisingly in the best conditions. Also during the drive we experienced all the seasons from sunshine to snowstorm 😂. After coffee and ice cream break in village Torrey we drove to the view point with incredible views over Capitol Reef Park before camping for free nearby.
    Read more