Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Capitol Reef national park

    March 24 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 2 °C

    After breakfast we drove for few minutes to Fruita ~ the gateway to the Capitol Reef National Park. Fruita is oasis known for huge production of different kinds of fruits and vegetables. Most of the hikes are stopping in Gifford Homestead for homemade pie 🥧. We bought for 9$ cherry pie and drove to our hike Cassidy Arch which was unfortunately due to winter still closed.

    What shocked us were the signs beware of mountain lions 😆 which apparently live there are were seen recently.

    We didn’t see any mountain lions but we did another hike which was on our bucket list - Hickaman’s natural bridge. This short but very beautiful hike can be done in 1 hour and takes you around beautiful natural bridge and cute canyon.

    The visit of Capital Reef National Park was short but beautiful. We were already done with our visit around 11 oclock and started a long drive to Moab. This 2,5h drive was filled with moon landscapes, abandoned land and red canyons.

    When we arrived to Moab we immediately noticed how touristy this place is. Also the amount of people was crazy compared to the places we visited before. On the other hand we could enjoy good coffee, walk around the city and wash our clothes.

    As every day we struggled with finding the camping spot 😂 all the free spots were canceled, simple campsites were rebuilt to luxury glamping resorts and camping places costs almost 100$ a night 😅🥲. My google skills were again very good and we found a good camping place for just 15$/night and paid the fee for three nights directly. Moab is the furthermost place of our road trip and from here we will start returning to Vegas.

    Good night from Moab with perfect sunset 🌅
    Read more