Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Canyonlands & Dead Horse Point park

    March 25 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 5 °C

    Today was a full of highlights and incredible views. We drove for almost an hour to huge and barely visited national park Canyonlands. The park is huge, divided into three main areas. Most of the tourists come here for viewpoints, multi day hikes, cycling, off road trips and rafting. We visited only one area in our trip - Island in the Sky. There are several incredible viewpoints directly by the main road. It is worth it to walk a bit to the further viewpoint such as Grand View Point, White Rim Overlook or Mesa Arch. The weather today was very unpredictable from sunshine to snow 😂 we walked to all three viewpoints and stopped several times along the road for more views. The canyon is endless and you can see the Green River and Colorado river which carved the canyon thousands of years ago.

    Really crazy was to watch all these 4x4 cars driving down the Shafer Canyon back to Moab. Moab is a gem for off-road driving as there are plenty of trails and parks.

    On the way back to Moab we stopped in Dead Horse Point State Park. This little park offers really nice hiking trails and more viewpoints. You have the feeling of being directly inside of the canyon. After the whole day, the views got kind of same and we were ready to return back to civilization.

    Today we wanted to go to local microbrewery and drink some local beer and eat some food.
    Read more