Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Monument Valley

    March 27 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 8 °C

    After 2,5 hours drive we arrived to the touristy center of Navajo people ~ Monument Valley. Shortly before the visitor center you can stop by the Forest Gump Point to take pictures of incredible landscape in the background. Campers are not allowed to drive the scenic road and that’s why I booked the jeep safari for the afternoon. We were there early and stopped by cute rest area and even saw some wildlife 🥰.

    The tour started from the visitor center and our guide Duffy was a native Navajo. Apart from sightseeing he wanted to teach us as much as possible about his culture, history of Monument Valley and the core values of Navajo People. Interesting was that Navajo people still live the simple life, have houses without electricity and running water and are very hard working people with strong bond to Mother Earth. There were some interesting facts but to be honest his speeches about how spoiled we are were bit too much 🤣. The tour ended right after sunset and it got super cold 🥶. We drove for about 30 minutes accompanied by beautiful sunset to the next town Kayenta to finally have a dinner in McDonald‘s and then went straight to bed 💤.
    Read more