Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Horseshoe Bend & Upper Antelope Canyon

    March 28 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 16 °C

    We woke up in the morning on the Burger King parking lot and observed first the long line for drive in 😂. 1,5 hours later we arrived to uninterested city Page. The city center consisted of two road and two cafes 🤣. Most of the tourists come here for the beautiful places around Page or to tour the Lake Powell either as a day trip or for multiple days on the houseboats.

    After stop in the cafe we drove to Horseshoe Bend incredible viewpoint over the canyon and Colorado river. From parking lot you need to walk only about 10 minutes to the viewpoint. The best is to arrive around noon when the canyon is not in shade. There were lot of people and tour buses but we liked it a lot 😍.

    At 2:30 I booked the tour of Upper Antelope Canyon. There are in total 3 slot canyons in the area ~ Upper Antelope Canyon, Lower Antelope Canyon and Antelope X Canyon. When we checked in Moab the tickets it was almost everything sold out. The tour comes with very high price 120-150$. Flo said that he is not ready to pay that so I went alone while Flo had a coffee in McDonald’s.

    Upper Antelope Canyon has a shape of A wide on bottom and tiny on the top where just small portion of light gets in. The tour takes approximately 2 hours but you drive for 20 minutes there, then walk for about 30 minutes through the canyon, walk 30 minutes back to the car and then 20 minutes drive back to the visitor center. The canyon itself is very impressive and beautiful but you get rushed through the canyon as they try to sell as many tours as possible so you spend in each “room” like 2 minutes and guide was shouting on us all the time: “did you get a picture then move to next room”.

    Overall I would probably not recommend this experience and would spend money on different activity.

    The town of Page is located next to big a lake Powell. We wanted to enjoy a bit a lake and found this incredible beach campsite. Last picture was taken from our dining table with excellent view of the lake 🤩.
    Read more