Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 23

    Siofok (Lake Balaton)

    May 2, 2018 in Hungary ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    Stopped here quite early as driving felt like it was a waste of a day, so hot and sunny, it shouldn't be spent on the road, that's what grey wet days are for. Ideally just wanted to find a spot on the side of the lake (shouldn't be a problem it's 50 miles long!) Found Aranypart camping which had a lot of free spaces and at less than 15euros a night inc. electricity, WiFi and tourist tax, very reasonable.The camp has a swimming pool, although the lake is great to swim in 200m out and I can still stand up, apparently only 12m at its deepest.The grocery shop is not very well stocked, although it does have a surplus of two of the main food groups, sugar and caffeine.
    Went cycling a bit down the coast, burgers,beer and bums (lap dancing), happy I found this place, swim in the lake afternoon then a Zumba session on the public square nearby. Did better than Prague, but still no takers, a few bemused onlookers thinking the were watching the village idiot. I have accidentally come up with a new move which outranks the cucaracha in Rumba, mine is Los mosquitos, It involves a lot of clapping hands, stamping your feet and slapping yourself!
    Read more