Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 221

    Uvita and Nauyaca Falls

    July 25, 2022 in Costa Rica ⋅ 🌧 26 °C

    After our adventures with our four legged friend we found some company that could hold a better conversation. After a good Costa Rican dinner it turned out we all wanted to do the Nauyaca Waterfalls the following day so made plans to car share and save our carbon footprint a little.

    The falls are not the tallest in Costa Rica, or the largest by volume but a lot of people agree they are the best. We think it may be due to the numerous swimming pools that can easily be accessed from the path. The water is just the perfect temperature to refresh you after 30min walk and the colour is an amazing blue green.

    We found a cute little spot along the coast called Playa Linda, which means beautiful beach and we couldn't agree more! It had a nice atmosphere, being a Saturday, there were quite a few locals having a picnic and enjoying the day. After getting a little sunburn on the beach we stopped at an animal shelter on a steep hill (good thing we have a 4x4). We had a tour that explained the work they're doing to try to rehabilitate the animals they received, most of which come in injured or found as pets and how they take care of some that can't go back to the wild because they are too dependent on humans. It was interesting and a bit sad, for some animals that, because of humans, will need to spend their whole life in cages. Oddly enough though, because they are right in the heart of the rainforest some of the local wild animals come to visit and their band of Capucin monkeys have found a wild friend that stops by everyday for some grooming.

    Within all this nature and animals we also found time to spend on a nice minigolf course!
    Read more