Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 294

    Dreams in the Carribean

    October 6, 2022 in Dominican Republic ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    We have been moving around a fair bit recently so we decided to have a break, a little bit of relaxation as our last stop before we head home. What better place to do it than on the white sandy beaches of the Dominican Republic. We have checked ourselves into an all inclusive beach resort in Punta Cana, famed for its incredible beaches, warm blue sea and luxury hotels. We aren't in the most expensive resort in the area but it certainly does feel pretty nice. There is a full daily itinerary of activities from Yoga to Beach Volleyball to Spanish lessons (if it is raining). And the best part, free cocktails! Starting the day with a Margarita is a well deserved treat.

    We haven't woken up on time for yoga yet but we did get a chance to finish our grudge match on the tennis court. It actually started on Fraser Island, Australia where we finished at 1 Set each so a rematch was long over due. The swimming pool has also seen a lot of us this week and more specifically the sun beds where we read a lot! The beach is also very nice however a lot of boats and a bit of seaweed, makes the swimming pool a nicer place to swim!

    Our nights have been pretty quiet, not a lot to do here at night until we met an Australian living in London and after a few Barcelo rums we decided to try out the hotel's casino. It was empty, very different from a Vegas casino but at least there was space at the roulette wheel. As we're at an all inclusive we haven't carried any money for a few days, luckily our new friend had some cash and chose to invest in us. With the hour Armelle had lost all her money, James had doubled his and James (the Australian) tripled it! We wisely decided to stop at that point and it felt anticlimactic when we couldn't celebrate the win by buying drinks...because all the drinks are free 🎉😂! Good fun although the next morning was very tough!

    Overall we're happy to have stopped here for a few days, reflecting on what an amazing trip we had and getting all the sun we can before winter in Europe ☀️❄
    Read more