Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Tetons Day 1

    July 23, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 7 °C

    We woke up around 6 am to try and spot some wildlife. We drove north along Yellowstone lake and spotted a mother Elk with her baby. He was still learning how to run. He was a little clumsy. It was adorable. We saw ducks and pelicans in Yellowstone lake, but the best animal siting we saw was a male Elk grazing on the side of the road. His antlers were massive! We continued south to Tetons and stopped to view Lewis and Moose Falls along the way. We then stopped at Jackson lake to take in the view. Along the way, we took some pictures of an old church and saw another Male elk grazing on the side of the road. We drove up signal mountain road to a viewpoint of the Tetons. We ate lunch at Jenny Lake lodge. We continued down Jenny lake loop admiring the breathtaking views of the Tetons. We attempted to take the ferry to hidden falls once at Jenny Lake . 2000 other people had the same idea as us, so we decided not to wait in line and kept moving toward the Menor’s Ferry historic district. We stopped at Murie’s ranch. ( This was where Gabby Petito last posted from before she was murdered). While walking through Menors ferry district, we witnessed a Bald eagle swoop down and catch a fish out of the snake river. It was amazing!
    We continued down Moose Wilson Road toward rendezvous park where we took some photos with a giant troll statue. (There are 80 trolls in the us) we stopped in the town of Jackson for some groceries. We continued back to 191 north to Mormon Row, where we snapped the iconic photo of the Moulten Barn. We then stopped at Schwabacher landing where we saw a mom duck with her baby ducklings. We then drove to find a camp spot off of a forest service road , where we settled at camp spot 30312 with a beatific view of the Res mountains in Yellowstone and the Teton wilderness.
    Read more