Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Twinsies!

    May 26, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 81 °F

    Heather woke up at 7ish and I was right after her. I didn't get out of bed before I ordered a coffee from Heather!

    We went to breakfast and it was a zoo. My sister actually called it a "cluster four" (I cleaned it up since I don't talk that way 🙃). The food was okay, but the layout of the food area was not conducive to a good flow.

    Back in the room we organized our suitcases. We had to decide what to carry with us and what to check. Both of us had to expand the sides. Heather's zipper was stuck, and we couldn't fix it.

    We packed up just in time to catch the shuttle to the port. We actually left early, since everyone was there. The boarding process was long. Step 1--drop off luggage. Step#2 -- Walk to terminal. Step 3-- stand against the wall and put bags on the ground to let drug sniffing dogs inspect. Step 4--Wait in line for check in. Step 5 -- Go through security. Step 6--Board ship.

    After we boarded the ship, we headed straight to the muster station to learn how to put on a life jacket. Then we hiked up the stairs to the 9th deck (Lido) for lunch. It was crowded, but we found a table with a window. I got my lunches first from the buffet, and then Heather went for hers. It was good!

    We went to explore the ship and stopped on deck 10 to relax in a deck chair. A little before 1pm, there was an announcement that cabins were ready. We found our cabin -- no luggage yet - and organized our stuff. After that, we walked around, starting on our deck (#7) and working our way up. On deck 11, we found a shuffleboard court and played a game. Heather won. It was starting to rain, but we.made.it to deck 14. Then we went to deck #3 and worked our way up to 7. Our luggage wasn't there yet. Heather stayed to nap and I hit the deck!
    Read more