Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Friday the 13th

    December 13, 2019 in England ⋅ ☁️ 6 °C

    Friday we woke up at 9:30 in our princess bed and got ready to meet Rob and Nat for lunch. We were meeting Kathleen and Bettina later that afternoon to go to Borough. Which is a market full of food. I thought I would have a light salad so I could eat at the market. However the Italians and I have different views on what a salad is. As you can see from the picture below arugula was just an accent colour. Sadly I was too full for the market.

    We went anyways and did all the touristy things. Took in a Christmas market and then went to Regent street to the biggest toy store I have seem, Hamley’s. We only spend 30 minutes in there but you could spend so much more. The LEGO displays were amazing!

    We also took in the lights at Regent street (which are spectacular) and after dinner we went to Harrods. If you have ever seen Mr. Bean’s Christmas episode you will understand. It is even more impressive in person. Sadly there was no manger scene to play with.

    We capped off the night with martinis at the hotel bar which is where Ian Fleming wrote some of the James Bond novels. Apparently Churchill also hung out in this bar.
    Read more