Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Jet Lag Kicked Us in the Nuts

    December 14, 2019 in England ⋅ 🌬 6 °C

    Bettina found a cupcake place on Instagram that look amazing. Since I love cupcakes Ty and I tagged along with the Germans. Peggy Porschen did not disappoint. It was a small cafe that bled pink and the cupcakes were yummy. The best part of the cafe was not the cupcakes but the instagram influencers. Girls were dressed to the nines taking pictures at the entrance.

    After tea and a morning sugar rush is was time for a nap. Which was not in the plans. I hate being in a cool city and hanging at the hotel.

    We woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed ready to tackle another afternoon in London! Before the theatre we took in all the amazing store fronts on Old Bond Street. We also stumbled along an area that had an under the sea light theme. We made the mistake of staying in the Regent area till 4:30. At this time people decide they need to shop and see the lights and the streets are wall to wall people. It is insane. I have never seen so many people.

    The evening was spent at the Old Vic watching a Christmas Carol. Which was the best take on the classic I have ever seen. It was dark yet funny, sad yet happy. Pretty much an emotional roller coaster that had a string section and dancing.

    Part 1 of the trip was capped off at a cider lodge in a Christmas market. If we did not feel Christmassy when we got to London we are now.
    Read more