Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Leaving Iguassu, via Curitiba & Eliana

    December 25, 2015 in Brazil ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    Curitiba was a transit point where travelled through to get to Rio.
    After a very long 3 hour wait we boarded and although the rains were were so strong they pounced the rough we did manage to take off OK. One word of warning, they did switch the gates around 40 mins prior which I only found out during by accident while board and manage to get in the last immediate boarding moments.

    Met Eliana as my seat companion. Young 20 year old Parisian French girl. Recently finish exchange programme in Florida for 6 months with 3 weeks in Brazil before flying back. I decided to try the shantaram surrender self to the moment and we had such a nice time chatting all the way back. She being young and French she was very opinionated and idealistic but very similar to my views of politics and USA and world affairs. As she is training to be a journalist writer I hope she is able to pursue here ideas of changing things her voice is much needed in this very polarised world views of the West today.

    I dropped her to her hostel before taking taxi to mine. We did share a good connection.

    Some useful websites from her: BLABLACAR for sharing car journeys in Europe.
    BUSBUD for buses around Europe and South America.
    Read more