Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    First night in paradise

    July 31, 2022 in Fiji ⋅ ☁️ 27 °C

    After 4 cancelled ubers (eeeeeek!) we were on our way in a taxi to Brisbane International Airport for our 8:30am flight to Nadi. Check in was a little longer with the additional requirements - insurance cover including covid-19, international vaccination certificates, proof of booked RAT in Fiji (which for us was a fit to fly certificate from our GP as we recently had covid). Security was pretty quick and so was immigration - we were soon browsing the duty free and selecting some welcome home gifts for ourselves 🤣. The flight left slightly late, but was a good flight with Virgin - we took some snacks, and tea, coffee and water were complimentary.
    Once we cleared immigration and customs in Nadi, we went to wait for our transfer and were soon at our accommodation for one night - The Palms. It was a super clean room with two queen beds. At about 5pm we strolled over to the port and found where we would check in for our transfer in the morning, had a delicious seafood dinner at Bonefish and bought a few things from the convenience store. Tired, we read our eReaders before falling asleep.
    Read more