Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Koh Lanta, Thailand

    July 30, 2016 in Thailand ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    Yesterday we arrived at Krabi airport and took a shuttle to Kho Lanta island. After checking into our hotel we headed out to find a place to have dinner. We arrived at a great place by the beach called Roy kitchen where we had an amazing panang curry, Tom yum Gong, pad se ew and a grilled fish. It was really great! The next morning Alex got up early so he and I walked to the seven 11 at 7:15 am to get something to eat as it was too early for any restaurant.
    We got back, got ready and headed back to the same restaurant where we had dinner the night before, before taking a taxi to a really nice beach in the south part of the island.
    It is low season right now so we had the beach practically all to ourselves. The water is shallow and very warm and Alex had a blast paying with the sand, splashing water and watching the dozens of little crabs scurry from one place to the next. We had a small bite at one of the seaside restaurants and, while Alex had a relaxing nap in his stroller by the waves, Sammy and I enjoyed sitting by the water watching him sleep. I made sure my boys had sun block but forgot to take care of myself so my poor back is as red as a lobster. It didn't matter though, in the end it was the perfect day.
    We took a taxi home, showered and headed to a beautiful cliff side restaurant to have dinner while watching the sun set. So far I am loving Thailand! The people are very nice, the food is amazing and the prices are great. I could get used to this...
    Read more