Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Day 06 - Duras

    April 20, 2022 in France ⋅ 🌧 10 °C

    A well deserved lay in this morning, before we set off for the Hollywood’s last house tour of the holiday.
    At 1230pm we set off from Roque heading north on the D15 and then north west on the D656 to Bruch. We then headed west on the D119 D642 and D108 before joining the main A62 through to Samazan. We then headed north on the D933 and D813 before finally joining the D708 through to Duras.
    Stopping for a short while at Duras directly next to the Chateau we grabbed food (probably the best burger in the world) and coffee, as for once we were actually ahead of time.
    We set off for the last ten minute drive to meet James the agent at the address in Villeneuve de Duras. On arrival we met James who had only just arrived himself, before being shown inside. The property was two houses combined into one, and were believed to be amongst the oldest in the village, if not the oldest.
    The house needed quite a bit of work, but the scenes from the rear garden were stunning.
    After roughly an hour we parted with James and headed to the nearby ‘Huge’ Leclerc store. We spent decidedly more time in Leclerc than I personally would have preferred, but everyone else seemed to be enjoying a little retail therapy. Replenished with food, drink and 1970’s aftershave for Paul, we left and took the reciprocal route to our journey this morning arriving back at Roque at about 7.00pm.
    A very chilled evening followed, supplemented with our now staple diet of bread, cheese’s, chorizo and quiche. We even extended to a salad tonight 🥴
    We sat chatting until late, knowing we actually had no plans for tomorrow and another lay-in was on offer.
    Tomorrow is a blank canvas!!
    Read more