Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    20.09 - Day 04. First Little Explore

    September 20, 2022 in France ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    We needed to get up this morning as the chimney sweep was visiting to clean and service the burner.
    We also decided we needed to do a ‘Big Shop’ as we couldn’t survive on crisps and snacks any longer.
    So having given Hannah a bottle of fizz for being so helpful when we needed it, we headed out in Roxvanne. We decided to head to Lezay, about 15 minutes away to visit the market.
    Lezay was busy and the market full of stalls, which took over a fair part of the village - there seemed to be more stalls around every corner. We bought a few bits and pieces, Tre making a very quick impulse buy of a jumper, probably made that quick to avoid me giving her any reason to doubt the purchase. We haggled with a basket seller and now have our ‘Market Day’ basket, fit for all purchase eventualities, including jumpers!
    After a couple of coffees in the sunshine we made tracks, me suggesting Tre could have another practice drive which she took up without hesitation. Thinking back, getting Roxvanne out of a heavily populated, road closured village was possibly not the best idea for a second stint, to be then followed by the Gendarmerie for a few roads also didn’t help matters. I think Tre was more than happy to pull up and hand brake on in the SuperU supermarket ten minutes further down the road. I only surmised this as we parked about 10 metres into the car park and about 200 metres from the front doors of the supermarket.
    We wandered around supposedly working to a list we (Tre) had devised, but actually just grabbed what we fancied, headed to the tills and then trundled home again in Roxvanne.
    Bread and cheese for lunch obviously and then the afternoon by the pool finished the day off nicely.
    A relaxed evening in the gite and a relatively early night finished off our first full day here - not so bad really 😎
    Read more