Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    01.10 - Day 15 . . . Heading Back

    October 1, 2022 in France ⋅ 🌧 16 °C

    So today was the day we really weren’t looking forward to - me having to pop back to the UK for some work, Tre also had a few bits to sort out while over.
    To make things worse it was grey and raining as we threw some bags into Roxvanne. Sat Nav set we headed off.
    We had decided to take the shortest route including the toll roads - firstly to see if the time 6.45hrs was correct to Calais and also how much the tolls were.
    We headed generally north towards Tours with the weather improving, lovely sunny spells interspersed with showers which were quite light.
    We stuck some tunes on and cracked on. Both of us a little quiet at first - probably the thought of heading back and the drive.
    We then decided to sort a little thing Tre had thought of a few days ago which was to complete a video out of Roxvanne as we travelled, with a song playing that specifically reminded us of one person. So each video had its own little soundtrack. Sounds easy - other than when the sat nav decided to squawk halfway through any given recording. Any how we did a few and decided to look at them later in the evening.
    We continued up and past Le Man and on towards Rouen. We only stopped a couple of times before skirting around the north of Paris on the A28 Route des Estuaires generally eastward.
    We decided to call it enough and parked up at the Bosc Mesnil services along the A28.
    Whilst here I did find some useful footwear for Zbig and Andy back at M&Y.
    Roxvanne looked a little out of place amongst the many many HGV’s parked up for the night.
    We grabbed food in the services and a couple of drinks before bedding down in Roxvanne.
    Hardly any distance to cover tomorrow, so we may do a little exploring before getting to Calais.
    Read more