Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 34

    20.10 Day 34 . . . Recovery

    October 20, 2022 in France ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    Well after yesterdays mega day of early start, work and then the crossing and drive down - today was always going to be a slow day.
    After getting in just before 2am a lay in was always going to be on the cards, but weirdly we were both awake by about 9am. I thought we would be sleeping late into the morning.
    Tea and reading in bed took up a couple of hours before we took advantage of the sunshine and lazed by the pool for a while.
    A few spots of rain heralded the end of the sunshine, before the light shower that had been forecast started.
    We dodged a couple of showers to unload some bits from Roxvanne and then settled in for the evening.
    Having found on our first few weeks out here that the tiled floor was a little on the chilly side in the evenings, we had ordered up some defence options for our return . . . so, out came the newly purchased, cosy as you like, fluffy and padded old gits slippers. The evening passed in newly found warmth, followed by an early night - still catching up from the journey down.
    Tomorrow we house view again!
    Read more