Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 43

    29.10 Day 43 . . . Do Nothing!

    October 29, 2022 in France ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    Today was our last day before we travel back to Blighty again - for me to do a few more days UK work.
    So we got up late to find the weather a little overcast and possibly even chilly!
    I managed to destroy two apple pastries for breakfast before we decided to sort a couple of things on the laptop, well the weather was pants for once!
    Wifi playing up again we decided to sack the laptop idea and got ready to go out. When I say go out it was only to grab some more pellets for the as yet unused pellet burner, some food to see us through to departure tomorrow and some cash.
    We spent more time than normal wandering around SuperU - this has been the first time we have actually just wandered and checked everything out within the store - every other time we have had other things to do so have kept it to a minimum.
    Everything we needed in the trolley, we paid and left.
    A quick jaunt to Melle for the cash we needed and then Tre drove us home.
    We unpacked a few more things from Roxvanne that we had left in there since returning from the UK last time and then sat in the now sunshine for an hour or so.
    In the late afternoon we decided to watch the first DVD film since arriving here in September with a couple of glasses of Pineau de Charentes . . . our first bottle of this local produce - very sweet and a little like sherry?
    Tre knocked up a fab dinner and we chilled for the remainder of the evening.
    Tomorrow has come too quickly and we really don’t want to go!
    Read more