Satellit
Vis på kort
  • Dag 42

    28.10 Day 42 . . . Admin Admin Admin

    28. oktober 2022, Frankrig ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    Today we needed to sort a few things admin. Initially as always the wifi was playing up so after an hour of faffing about with it we hit a solution and we could get a decent enough signal.
    First off was the email to the Douane asking him when we might hear about the van importation cost for Roxvanne. It had been a good four weeks since we visited him and then sent him the documents he required. A nice polite ‘have we missed your reply’ email sent we got onto the next.
    Calling Renault to get a Certificate of Conformity and asking them what documents they would accept as proof of ownership, bearing in mind some of our documents are in storage. That sorted we gathered together all the electronic versions of everything and submitted on their portal. After three attempts due to their portal reporting an error, it was back on the phone to Renault. ‘Have you tried a different device or could you use another search engine’ was the advice we received. Less than happy I did try another search engine, but decided enough was enough and we should go out for a while.
    Off out in Roxvanne we decided to take the back roads to Sauze Vaussais and check out a couple of other little hamlets on route.
    We travelled through Melleran on route and passed a huge wood yard, which we must remember for when we start our projects. Also we have noticed what appears to be a late or second round of Sun Flowers being produced in quite a few of the fields. Some definitely look like a second crop and although short in height are stunning with flower.
    Into Sauze Vaussais we had our first encounter in a post office to send some documents (actually Tre did, I just stood, listened and smiled like an idiot). Then into the little spar shop to buy a few bits
    We then drove from Sauze to Lorigné and then back across towards Melleran and stopped at the impressive church which is undergoing restoration inside. Église Notre-Dame (Melleran) has a stunning bell tower which is accessed immediately on entering. It was a pity scaffolding was within, but it was still possible to see the vaulted ceilings and artwork at the alter that the restoration guys were working on.
    After visiting the church we covered quite a few more country lanes before ending up back at ours.
    On arrival at the gite we had received a reply from the Douane who wanted us to call him. Preparing ourselves for an attempt to liaise with him in part poor French on our side and part poor English on his - and also how much it was going to cost us. The call went well, everything understood and nowhere near as expensive as we had dreaded.
    Then to top it all I checked the laptop and the Renault portal thing had worked as well - result!
    I then emptied some larger tool items from Roxvanne, which I had found a home for in the Gite and we then relaxed into the late afternoon and evening.
    Not such a bad day after all. Progress!!
    Læs mere