Satellit
Auf Karte anzeigen
  • Tag 80

    05.12 Day 80 . . . Sunsets

    5. Dezember 2022 in Frankreich ⋅ 🌙 2 °C

    This morning was not a good morning as woke up feeling rough having felt rough all night. So much so that I spent the morning in bed with nurse Teresa looking after me yet again. Not sure what’s wrong with me . . . probably an age thing.
    I was conscious however that we had booked a second viewing of the house at Chenay at 4pm, so got my head down as much as possible to try and shake this unwell feeling.
    Teresa got on with loads as usual during the morning, apart from nursing me. At about midday she went for another walk along the lanes around our place. The sunshine was brilliant yesterday with blue skies, although a little fresh to say the least. We have noticed so many tree’s around here with numerous balls of mistletoe and Tre found more again on her walk.
    At 2pm I dragged my backside out of bed and we both headed off to the pharmacy at Sauze Vassais to get me some drugs as its impossible to get any form of medication in supermarkets here. Also as we have now found out, you sometimes have to order as not everything is carried in the shop, so we will need to return tomorrow.
    From the pharmacy we went to meet Kate again to view the house. We intentionally arrived early so we could have a walk around the hamlet and see a few things we’d not seen on the first visit.
    As the house is at the edge of the hamlet we found that after a short walk we had uninterrupted views across the fields way into the distance. We walked to the other end of the hamlet and found similar views - really lovely.
    Kate arrived shortly after us and so we had another look around the house. As always it will need work and has a couple of bits that we are not entirely sure what is going on - mainly in one room at the floor edge.
    The garden is also lovely and the adjacent field that is part of the property gives us lots of scope for future plans.
    We finally departed as the sun was lowering to the west and were then spoilt to some breath taking sunset views along the country lanes that we travelled.
    Tre quickly dived into SuperU while I waited in Roxvanne - feeling pants still !
    Then off home - some further sunset views greeted us as we arrived at the end of our lane.
    Once indoors we both curled up on the sofa and chatted about the house. Apart from a very quick bite to eat for Tre and a mug of soup for sicknote (me) - that was our day.
    At least Tre got to have a walk in the sunshine and we got to see the house again. Lots to think about.
    Weiterlesen