Спутник
Показать на карте
  • День 167

    02.03 Day 167 . . Roxvanne to Roxvanné

    2 марта 2023 г., Франция ⋅ ☁️ 3 °C

    With still no news about the compromise Tre and I both woke with it still on our minds. Determined not to get too dejected we had planned things to do today.
    After a slow start we were up and scoffing hot porridge in my case strewn with Raspberry jam (gelle here). We did allow ourselves one email about the compromise before we got going and pinged it off the out UK Notaire to see if he could find out what was happening.
    Tre then amazingly managed to get the kids to answer their phones and so had a slightly lengthy catch up call with them, which certainly brightened the mood about the house.
    Just after lunch we headed out Niort bound and after fuelling Rox at Melle we were well on our way. We found Centre Auto Fue Verte on the North East side of the town on a sprawling industrial area, near to most of the large superstores. Not sure if we needed to make an appointment to get the new index plates made we wandered in. Greeted by a really cheerful and helpful (non English speaking) guy we attempted to explain what we were after. He grasped the meaning of our attempt really quickly and after his English spoken word of ‘two’ we guessed he meant front and back and so we were off. Witching literally five minutes we had two very new number plates which were given to another guy in the workshop area. I went out and brought Rox to outside the workshop and after another five minutes she was re-numbered, couldn’t have been any easier. So Rox now has her new GM-285-LP front and back.
    From here we drove to the north side of the town to a car showroom which was really disappointing so we didn’t stay long.
    We then drove to an area where pre Christmas we had bought Christmas decorations and knew of a patisserie. It was now nearly 4pm so I grabbed a baguette while Tre settled for just a muffin.
    We then investigated the nearby Electro Depot a warehouse selling expectedly all things electric. The place had washing machines stack five high on shelving - so not short of products. We then nosed in a couple more shops nearby before deciding to head home via a garage at Lezay.
    On route we stoooed at DSI Automobioes just outside of Melle to look at some cars. We spent about 45 mins with a really helpful salesman looking at various options. We need to decide if we want to spend on a larger decent car or simply get a little run around!!
    From there we drive the route to Lezay and stopped at another small garage which really had very little to look at.
    Now it was home time and we tasked ourselves with spotting deer before we got home - which we managed. Weirdly here you can set these little wild life challenges with some expectancy of achieving them - not quite as achievable in Haywards Heath.
    Indoors - fire on and dinner, finishing off the enchiladas Tre had made two nights before.
    We had received an email from our UK Notaire saying he had chased and set some things in motion and also suggested we contact the estate agent as well. An email was immediately penned to her for action tomorrow.
    A little TV and more discussion about the house and we were done for the day. Still slightly dejected at no news!
    Tomorrow we need to get our French MOT document changed to match Rox’s new number . . . and chase the house some more!!
    Читать далее