Satelliet
Weergeven op kaart
  • Dag 166

    01.03 Day 166 . . . Dinner at Noyer

    1 maart 2023, Frankrijk ⋅ 🌙 2 °C

    Tre and I both woke at about 4am - both of us obviously thinking the same thing and chatting about it - why had we not been sent signed copies of the compromise. Both of us then struggled to get back to sleep but eventually drifted off.
    Waking again at about 8am the same subject was the main focus of our conversation. Tre received an email from the Insurance company with a revised Certificat D'assurance Automobile and our very first Certificat Provisoire d'Immatriculation, otherwise known as a Carte Grise - official vehicle registration document in France- well an email copy of it anyway. Roxvanne is now officially Roxvanné with her new index number of
    GM-285-LP.
    We got up and had breakfast, then sat and composed an email to our French Notaire asking for clarification.
    To shift it from our heads and as the weather was glorious we decided to walk the nearby lanes. So off we pottered wrapped up to avoid the chill but enjoying the sunshine on our faces, while checking out all the little flowers and plants that have suddenly appeared in this more spring like weather.
    We were probably out for over an hour doing our usual circuit, this time in reverse, annoying the large Alsatian in one particular house . . . We always do!
    Back at home we decided as we were wrapped up to take the recycling to the bins and the bottles to the bottle bank. We always feel like drunken bums walking down the road with an ever chinking bag of bottles - probably to near the truth.
    Back at home we chilled for a couple of hours before getting ready and then walking to the Relais car park, where we had arranged to be picked up by Lou and Vince at 6.30pm.
    Just before 6.30pm we were sat in the car with Lou and Vince and were being whizzed off to Auberge du Noyer for dinner. Auberge du Noyer is just south of Montjean and we arrived about 15 minutes later.
    We had not been to Noyer before although we had heard it mentioned regularly by others and as we had heard, the food was fab with so much choice. We spent the evening catching up on each other past month or so and generally chewing the fat about life. The hours flew past and it seemed not long before Lou and Vince were dropping us back outside our place at well gone 10pm. We have been really lucky to have found certain people here that have given us so much help, advice, support and friendship - couldn’t ask for more.
    Indoors I settled down and found West Ham v Manchester Utd was still on TV and was heading to extra time with about 10 minutes to go - so I was happily anticipating another 1/2 hour if football. At that point West Ham caved in and Utd win 3-1 in the last minutes of normal time - so I went to join Tre who had already gone to bed.
    Tomorrow we try to get Roxvanné her new plates!! We may possibly even hear about the Compromise - would be nice!!
    Meer informatie