Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 214

    18.04 Day 214 . . . Another Day Lost

    April 18, 2023 in France ⋅ 🌙 11 °C

    Well I’m not gonna be long telling you about today - don’t want to bore the pants off anyone.
    After getting up fairly early to make sure we hit the currency market early, we managed to trans get the monies we needed to sort.
    A quick email to the notaires here and in the UK to update then followed at which point we stopped for brekkie.
    A call then arrived from the estate agent, which always fills me with dread, normally it’s because something has changed or gone wrong - or mostly that she is about three emails behind everyone else.
    Anyway it was to arrange a meeting at the Chenay house on Saturday evening. We again asked her to confirm the water was on at the house and we’re told she has arranged for the water company to attend on Tuesday next - to re-connect. I’m so glad now we chased her on this as we had been told everything was ok!!
    I then got to work on my company year end accounts, which I hate, while Tre completed some medical forms for here for our Carte Vitale. In amongst scanning and printing and trying to download internet documents with a crappy wifi - it took for ages.
    I finally finished everything at about 4.30pm, Tre had finished a little earlier.
    Good news today was Lauren and Pete moved into their new rented place and Mim and Dad managed to sell their corsa without any issues - phew!!
    So the day had gone with admin yet again - tomorrow will be no admin.
    The evening passed with dinner and a couple of films on channel 4 while watching Chelsea crash out of the Champions league with a whimper!
    Tomorrow will be a better day.
    Read more