Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 215

    19.04 Day 215 . . . Sunshine Again !

    April 19, 2023 in France ⋅ 🌙 14 °C

    This setting the alarm thing is working, it’s waking Tre up before the alarm even goes off.
    So as per yesterday we were up relatively early doors and straight downstairs to get logged on and chase a decent exchange rate, before moving some more money.
    That done we chilled and had a leisurely breakfast.
    The sun was out in force and so we placed our chairs in the patio to get as much exposure as we could. Tre read her book and dozed, I wrote up some penguins, did some social surfing and also snoozed.
    At some point Tre spotted a lovely pine seat advertised on FB at one of the brocantes and so after a couple of messages and a PayPal transaction we were arranging to pick it up in a weeks time - once Mr & Mrs Annals have departed . . . had I mentioned they are due to visit us for a few days next week . . . Chaignepain won’t know what’s hit it 😂
    I also took a couple of cuttings of plants around our patio I. The hope we may be able to get some plants from them as the year progresses.
    We had nibbles for lunch - tuna mayo on crackers, neither of us overly hungry.
    Mid afternoon Tre got a phone call from one of her cousins, informing her of yet another passing of a relative. That’s three in three weeks - quite sobering, when members of the same family pass so quickly in relation to one another. The news put a bit of a damper on the afternoon obviously.
    Pork chops with a Dijon mustard coating was our evening meal of choice.
    We sat for the evening, messaging and social surfing whilst watching bits and pieces on the TV. Tre and I have an idea of using an unfinished piece of wood as kitchen counter tops and so I disappears down a rabbit hole on the web trying to establish the best way of testing this wood.
    That was another day done - another one ticked off the list of our time left here at Chaignepain. We’ve loved it and are still loving it - we are very lucky to be here.
    Read more