Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1–2

    Day 01 15.04 . . . Setting Off

    April 15 in France ⋅ ⛅ 11 °C

    So today was our setting off day. We had a final few things to sort out - one of which being to put Loup’s normal house crate into Roxvanne, as his usual travel crate is now to small. With a few stiff pushes and a few swear words it went in, quickly followed by Loup straight into it ready for the off
    We set off around midday, grabbed fuel and hit the N10 south to Angoulême where we exited south east towards Périgueux.
    After just over a couple of hours we stopped in a layby so that Loup could have a natural. That completed and a short leg stretch for all of us we set off again, heading now generally towards Bergerac. On route we passed through Gout-Rossignol and saw by complete chance the first house we ever viewed when we were house hunting here in France.
    Bergerac looked very quaint with the river running through it and deserved a stop really, but we had places to go.
    We carried on past Bergerac and then made a very short stop for Loup once again, deciding we would have a longer stop and proper leg stretch at a services further south.
    The entire journey was scattered with picturesque villages and small towns and we lost count of how many rivers we crossed.
    We had decided to head for Moissac for no other reason than it was just over half way to Perpignan. Whilst at our final leg stretch at some services we checked our park4night app and found a small camp site at Les Grets which would see us through one night.
    Finally passing through Agen and Moissac (which again both deserved more time spent at them) we found ourselves crossing a strange little bridge and then onto the camp site.
    There were no staff and certainly no reception desk visible on site and so we found our way to what can only be described as a pay machine which we hoped would discharge a parking voucher to activate the very large barrier.
    To say Tre had some issues with the machine (whilst I sat in the van at the barrier with engine running) was an under statement. I listened to a good two or three tracks in the radio before I saw Tre heading back towards us. I gave an understanding smile of appreciation for her efforts and tried not to giggle at the frustrated expression that I got in return.
    So after a fairly long day we parked up, walked around a pretty much deserted camp site together with our very excited four legged wonder boy and then called it a night.
    We weren’t sure how well Loup would settle after some fairly lengthy periods in his crate during the day - although we don’t think he sleeps, just lays and listens to ensure we are still in Roxvanne with him and chills to our tunes on Spotify.
    We shall see!!

    Not that I will ever acknowledge that he has any good ideas, however I will concede that I have pinched this idea from Fister . . . Don’t ask!!
    So our song of the day is:
    Siouxsie & The Banshees - Arabian Knights (Andy’s choice)

    Also each day we are going to listen to an album that probably most people will have, or should have listened to at some point . . . But neither of us have!
    So todays album never heard before in its entirety is:
    Radiohead - Pablo Honey (Our Rating 7/10)
    Read more