Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 21

    Journey from Koh Lipe to Khoa Sok

    February 22, 2023 in Thailand ⋅ ☁️ 29 °C

    We're all sad to leave this beautiful island. (Maybe me the most as it means another open-water speed boat.)

    Today's journey will be by boat back to Pak Para Piers. They stuff 50 of us into the boat and all the luggage. There were not quite enough seats and nowhere near enough life-jackets. The journey seemed to start with boat engine trouble. One of the crew opened them up and played around enough to get the boat on its way. The seas were choppy. - rough ride! I was handing out my puke bags taken from my last flight and sucking on Naila's magical motion sickness stuff. I held her hand a lot and grabbed the arm of my neighbor, a 12ish year old Italian, a few times. 🥴 After the first time i apologized and told him that might happen again. 😆 He said it was ok.

    Next, a very long van ride to Krabi, then another long van ride to Khoa Sok. Then a Songtaew to our jungalows. That's a form of Tuk Tuk. Songthaew means “two benches”. It’s basically a pick-up truck with two benches as seats and a roof cover.

    We started at 8:30am and arrived at Monkey Mansion Jungalows at 8pm, feeling hot, stinky, kinda gross, and happy to be on solid ground again.
    Read more